WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Puppies and more Puppies



Hello!


You wouldn’t believe all the excitement and uproar around our place lately. My Mistress rescued six puppies!


Those critters are the noisiest fur balls around. Unless they are taking a puppy nap they are in constant motion: fighting, playing, falling over their own paws, running into stuff, jumping, and yelping. At times it seems like there are a dozen puppies instead of just six. I know I never was that noisy when I was a pup.

And even though my Mistress put them in an enclosed garden where they would be safe do you think they stay there and behave like a decent pup should? Oh no. They wiggle out any cracks or holes that they can find so my Mistress and Master have to keep blocking up places so they can’t get out. Then those pups poke their heads through the lattice holes and get stuck every time you turn around. You would think after getting wedged in a tight spot one time that it would teach them a lesson not to put their head through the holes again. When they get stuck and can’t move they put up such a racket until my Mistress rescues them that it hurts my ears. You wouldn’t believe the clamor one pup can make not to mention six. If nothing else they should make good watch dogs when they grow up.


Shep, Natasha, Sandy, and I are worn out helping our Mistress keep track of them by guarding the fenced in area until there wasn’t any time left to train those pups on how to be a civilized dog. And if any pups needed trained those six sure did. They kept us so busy until we were running in circles. About the time I’d go to take a well deserved nap one of those pups would start hollering again. I tell you I am plum dog tired.


After five days of babysitting those pups Best Friends, our local animal sanctuary, came and took them. I have to confess that it did touch my doggy heart to see those tiny critters leave, but what a relief! I know that they are in a safe place with someone, who loves dogs watching over them. And now I can finally take a dog nap without being disturbed, although my ears are still ringing from all the din of the past five days. I just hope that my Mistress doesn’t find any more pups needing rescued any time soon. I’d rather have some peace and quiet where a dog can doze the day away if so inclined.


Well I’ll sign off now. I need to take another doggy nap to catch up on some of my sleep.


Lucy Lou



No comments: