WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Summer Fun



Hello!



Check out my cute doggy smile. Am I photogenic or what?
Really it was because I was jealous- just don’t tell anyone else okay?


My Master fell in love with an abandoned golden German shepherd and came home all excited to tell my Mistress about her. It was all he could talk about. He even ignored me. Well, without asking my opinion- not that I am hard hearted or anything as if any critter should feel sorry for abandoned animals it would be me, but it was the idea you see- they ended up bringing Lady back home to stay with the rest of us dogs.



And then if that wasn’t bad enough my Mistress started taking all kinds of pictures of this other dog. I do have to admit that Lady sat real still for my Mistress while she kept snapping pictures of her, but when my Mistress kept sweet talking to Lady and totally ignoring me, I finally had enough and got some attention by whining a bit. I do know down deep inside that no matter how many dogs my Master and Mistress might get I still will always be the favorite of my Mistress, but still it doesn’t hurt to remind her once in awhile.



Well then if my Mistress didn’t go and sit me right in the middle of a bunch of her flowers- quite an honor let me tell you usually if any of us dogs start to walk through her flowers she scolds us and shoos us away- so I sat real still and gave my best doggy smile while my Mistress took some pictures of me. Of course, just between you and me, the one reason I was so anxious to have my picture taken is because when my Mistress is done snapping with her funny little silver box thing that she holds up in front of her face is that I get a doggy treat for being such a good dog. I was determined that if that new dog was going to get a treat so was I. You can believe it that I don’t miss out on any treats going around.



I really don’t mind having another dog around as it gives me another doggy person to play with. No matter how lazy those big dogs get outside I can usually rouse one of them to play with me. When I am outside I like to run around and sniff at everything.



I’ve really have had lots of fun playing in the dirt as it has been dry where I live. You wouldn’t believe how dirty and dusty I can get. I lie down and roll around and dust myself real good while kicking up my heels. I always shake myself off like a good dog should, but my Mistress still shakes her head over all the dirt that I manage to drag inside despite my short summer haircut.



Well I need to go now and see what all those other dogs are doing outside. I don’t want to miss any fun. See you later!

Lucy Lou



No comments: