WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Dirty Dog Versus Clean Dog




Hello everyone!

Have I ever been having fun playing in the mud? Just check out my paws. You wouldn’t believe how dirty and muddy one dog can get.

You know the saying, “April showers bring May flowers”, well it has been May and June showers as well. My Mistress keeps a small towel at the front and back door to wipe off my paws when it rains, and I’m trained to stop right inside the door before running though the house, but sometimes when I get my entire legs all covered in mud- not to mention my tail and body- my Mistress will shake her head, make all kinds of noises, and runs water for a bath. My Mistress is so fussy about a little bit of mud don’t you think?

For myself I don’t see anything wrong in enjoying all the mud that a dog can get into. The best mud is down in the woods at the stream. Us dogs love to go there and play, especially on a hot day. You can make all kinds of splashes in the water and dig around in the cool mud along the bank. I even lay down in the stream sometimes just like Sandy does. Or else when you are all wet and your fur is soaked through it is lots of fun to roll around on the ground to dry out. Dirt or leaves is better than grass any day for something like that.

I do shake my fur off, promise, before I come inside or at least when I think of it unless I get distracted by play, but it still never satisfies my Mistress. She still thinks I am a dirty mess. I know that if she would only wait I’d eventually dry out and leaving some doggy paw prints around the house would not be the end of the world, but my Mistress gets in quite a tizzy every time she sees me covered in mud. I even try to hide when I hear the water running in the back bathroom as I’ve figured out that is the sign of a bath to come, but my Mistress always finds me anyway. While my Mistress keeps saying that I am the dirtiest dog around, I personally think I am the cleanest. What do you think?

Lucy Lou

No comments: