WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Easter




Happy Easter to all my friends!

Early Easter Sunday morning I followed my Mistress around all her flower beds as she cut daffodils to make a spring bouquet to give to the wives of my beloved friend, Clayton, and his brother, Cecil, who both died of cancer.

I confess that I don’t have much time to sit around now-a-days and think about the loss of my dear friend as the world outside my house is coming alive with all kinds of interesting plants poking up out of the ground that I have to sniff and check out every time I go outside. In fact I love being outdoors this time of the year racing around in mad circles for sheer joy as my Mistress plays in the dirt in her flower beds- something that she doesn’t allow me to do- or snooze in the warm sunshine on the porch when my Mistress rocks in her rocking chair and drinks a cup of hot tea. Of course when my Mistress is occupied, I find myself a nice soft spot or an interesting smell and start doing some digging myself. After all I am a dog and what dog doesn’t like to dig?

When the Master tilled up a new garden spot in front of the woods all us dogs went crazy running and rolling around in the soft dirt. And when our Mistress started planting seeds were we ever curious about what she was doing. She was quite particular and didn’t want us near her. Talk about suspense! Every little bit we would sneak close and sniff at the dirt where my Mistress was working, but we never could figure out what her intense fascination with certain spots of the garden was all about. Even those small colored packets that she guarded real close didn’t give us a clue though I sniffed them every chance I got. It was quite mysterious let me tell you. I sat with the big dogs and closely watched every move my Mistress made, but I am still baffled.

Meanwhile the highlight of every day is running through the woods with the big dogs. I have to run double time to keep up with their long legs that as twice as long as mine, but I never let them leave me behind. No sir. I may be smaller, but I have lots of energy.

Well I need to sign off here and check out what the other dogs are doing outside. See you later.

Lucy Lou









No comments: