WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Snow Dog



This is me, Lucy Lou, the snow dog and what I look like after I’ve been outside in the snow. This winter we have had lots of white stuff falling down from the sky. I never know from one day to the next if I will see the ground or whether it will be covered up when I go out. Now I don’t mind a little bit of snow. It fact it is fun to play in, although it gets cold after awhile, but when the snow is up to my ears it is hard to walk in much less do my business outdoors.

Those big German Shepherds that tower over me are like huskies. No matter how deep the white stuff gets, Shep and Natasha roll around in it and play for hours. They don’t seem to mind staying outdoors all the time either. Of course their fur is coarse and thick. The hair on their stomach is two inches long. They are like furry rugs. No wonder they never seem to feel the cold.

But me, after playing around a bit, I am ready to head back indoors. I make my way up to the porch and bark to let my Mistress know that I am ready to come inside. Hearing the front door open is a mighty welcome sound to a cold and shivering dog.

As soon as I am inside my Mistress grabs a towel that she keeps handy and begins to work me over. She calls me a snowball and by then I feel like one. My fur for some reason seems to cling to the snow and I will have miniature ice balls all over my body, especially around my paws. I shake my body all over to help her dislodge the snow.

As soon as my Mistress is done rubbing me down, I head over to the woodstove to feel the warm heat and then circle around to either my chair or the master’s big chair. Both have a soft fuzzy blanket covering them. I tell you doggy heaven is snuggling down in a warm blanket and having a good snooze as my fur dries out.



No comments: