WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy New Year




Hello Everyone!

I have decided to write in my doggy blog at least once a month so that you can keep up with my four-footed life. I’ll start out with a clean confession. That’s me above in all my furry glory right after my Mistress has given me a bath. It’s not the best picture of me ever taken I grant you, but my Mistress takes pictures of me at some of the oddest times.

Each week I get a bath whether I need one or not. Personally I could do without so many baths, but my Mistress has this thing she thinks I need to stay squeaky clean. I will admit that by the end of the week after digging holes whenever I am outside, rolling around on the ground- preferably in plain dirt, and roughhousing with the other outside dogs that I do smell a bit doggy, but who wouldn’t?

Anyway each weekend I hear my Mistress get out my personal tub and start to run the water. That’s when I know that it is time to hide. Once all my fur is drenched in the warm water it feels kinda good. In the winter, instead of making me stand in the big regular tub that is cold on my paws, my Mistress will wash me right in the warm water. Does she ever scrub my fur right down to the skin! She always uses dog shampoo and I end up smelling like some kind of a fruit- not my choice by any means- then she rinses me off until I am a dripping soppy mess. At that point I always can’t wait until I am lifted up onto a pile of soft towels and my Mistress begins to dry my fur. Talk about a complete body rub!

Then the best part comes. Because it is winter, my Mistress doesn’t want me to catch a cold, and I have been such a good dog not fighting taking a bath, she will wrap my entire body up in a couple of towels until all that shows is my nose and sit down with me in her recliner close by the warm fire. I snuggle and snooze close to my Mistress as she rocks back and forth all wrapped up safe and sound as my fur slowly dries. Now that’s what you call doggy heaven.

No comments: