WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Dear Maryanna,




Dear Maryanna,

Hello!

My Mistress and I were so excited to get the postcard from you in the mail the other day. I am relieved to hear that you are doing better and maybe will get to come home sometime in September. I would love to see how your six legs work. Be sure and let me know all about the airplane trip. It sounds scary.


Don’t you think that I look dressed up for a wedding? I think I look pretty fancy myself, but everyone left me behind when it came time for Dwight’s wedding. You wouldn’t believe all the noise and confusion around this place. It kept me quite busy to make sure that I didn’t miss anything. One of the boys poured ice water on Dwight when he got a shower before getting ready for his wedding and his friends kept him up all hours of the night. I hardly got any sleep alerting everyone to their comings and goings.


My Mistress brought some wedding cake home, but I never got one bite of it. Can you imagine? After all I did to keep the place safe while they were gone too. My Mistress went to bed as soon as she came home after the wedding and everybody else ate the cake. I did pig out on leftovers throughout the entire weekend though.


Everything has been real quiet since all our company left. My Mistress was in bed most of the week so I got caught up on my sleep. She is having trouble with one of her toes swelling and has to keep putting her foot up. I think that if she would grow claws and fur like me it would help protect her toes better. Do you have claws? Claws come in real handy when you need to climb or jump. They give you a better grip. I don’t see how my Mistress has made it this long without claws. Humans sure are different than dogs.


Sarah Annabelle, the long-haired calico cat loves to tease me. She will jump up where I can’t reach her. One of her favorite spots is on the kitchen counter. No matter how many times my Mistress shoos her off the counter as soon as my Mistress isn’t looking that fat cat will jump right back up. I have tried, but I can’t jump up that high. I don’t think it is fair for Annabelle to sit up there and look down at me. So I get comfortable where I can keep an eye on Annabelle and wait for her to sneak back down. Then I try to pounce on her. Even though she is quite aggravating at times I share my water dish with her. I growl though if she sticks her nose in my food dish. There is a limit to what a dog can take.


Take care on your end and I will keep an eye on the cats here.
Lots of doggy hugs,

Lucy Lou

No comments: