WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dear Lucy Lou

Hello, Lucy Lou

I thought I had better write you and let you know why you haven't been getting any letters from Clayton. It is because he died from that awful disease of cancer and he has gone to live with the Lord in heaven. That is a wonderful place to go to. There is no more pain or suffering. He doesn't have cancer anymore and doesn't have to take chemo. It's a place we can go too. We would get to see Clayton again. All we have to do is believe Jesus is God's son and follow Him. Yes, I believe dogs can go there too.

I wanted to let you know how much Clayton enjoyed getting your letters. He would laugh sometimes when he was reading them. You were a good friend to him. You would bring him joy just when he needed it. I remember when you came to see him in the hospital. You know not many dogs get to come into the hospital. What a thrill it was to him to have you come. He told everyone about it. Maybe you can find another friend to write to that needs a GOOD friend. I know they won't be as good a friend as Clayton was, but then I'm kind of one sided where Clayton is concerned. I am so sorry you have lost such a dear friend. He was the best.

Your Mistress was at church yesterday and even played the organ. It was so good to see her there. I will keep her in my prayers.

Clayton's wife, Maryanna

PS If your Mistress ever decided to put the letters between Clayton and you into a book form, let me know.

No comments: