WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dear Lucy Lou

Hello Lucy Lou!

It's been awhile since I have written to you. How are things at your place?

The Dr. told me I am "amazing". Hey, I already knew that. He meant that my latest CAT scan was amazing. I know they keep calling it a CAT scan. I tried to get them to change it to a DOG scan, but so far no luck. Anyway my last TEST showed less fluid and the tumors are shrinking. Praise the Lord!

Did I tell you about the quilt my daughter, Patti, sent me? All the Saints at her church prayed over it and claimed God's healing for me. I sleep under it every night. Do you have a quilt you sleep under at night?

I went to Relay for Life at the University of GA last weekend. You remember me tellingyou about it before. Have you ever been to one of them? Oh! That's right, you have to be a cancer survivor to go to one and you have never had cancer. Well that University of GA is really a BIG place. I don't know how the kids even know where to find their classes. I know if our grandson, Colt, hadn't been driving and showing us around we would still be wandering around the streets of Athens, GA.

I did the 1/4 mile loop. I know you would have had no problem with that, but for me it was quite a feat. I came in last, but I made it. Of course Maryanna and our granddaughter, Holly, were dragging me and I had to keep moving. Everyone was cheering all of us suvivors along. I collapsed in a chair that my daughter, Debbie, brought for me to sit in. I tell you I have a great family.

Now I must tell you that we have become grandparents to 3 puppies. Our son, Clay, has gotten two Portuguese Water Dogs named Bear and Charlie, and our daughter, Patti, got a German Shepherd named Zedlin. At least they got dogs and not cats. They are all boy dogs so if you would like to meet them sometime you could go with us when we go to visit. Maybe you would like to become pen pals or should I say paw pals?

How is your Mistress doing? We don't see as much of her as we would like to. Be sure and take real good care of her. She is a special lady.

Well I gotta run, that's a joke. I can't remember when I ran the last time unless it was when I was doing that track loop at Relay for Life last week in GA. The way those women were dragging me it felt like I was running.

Write me and let me know how you are all doing and I will try to be a better pen pal and write back to you more often.

Your friend,
Clayton

No comments: