WELCOME TO MY DOGGY WORLD!

I'm so excited that you have come to check me out. I'm not just an ordinary dog by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm rather special- even if I do say so myself. Not that life has been full of tummy rubs, doggy treats, or juicy bones. You might be surprised though at how much we have in common if you stick around.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A doggy Christmas


A dog has to watch herself during the holidays.  There is a lot of excitement with humans everywhere.  I love playing with the children and checking out new babies, although the adults are rather fussy about me giving it doggy kisses.  But it gets kinda crowded under foot where I'm at so I have to be extra vigilant not to get stepped on or tripped over- especially when it comes to the little people.

Even though I get lots of attention from the kids (the baby sure does find me fascinating and we would have a grand time together if only the adults didn't interfere), my Mistress gets so caught up with her grandchildren that she tends to ignore me.  Imagine!  She stays busy cooking, talking, and playing with the grand-kids until she forgets I exist.  I could starve right under her nose.

Do I sound jealous?  You bet.  Do I take it lying down?  No way!  I just watch and push my furry body around until she notices me making sure to claim my spot beside her every chance I get.   And if things get too bad, I'll hop up on another lap to find some comfort.

After all, I'll still be around when all the people are gone, the house gets quiet again- when a dog can thing straight-, and my Mistress needs some doggy love. 

Whew!  I need a doggy nap. I'm plum worn out. 

Lucy Lou 



No comments: